Saturday, March 15, 2008

To lighter subjects.

So, my last entry was kinda interesting I guess. It links up with the current poll, so you should still read it. But today I was "tagged" by Devinoni to do this crazy book thing. Basically what you do is you grab the closest book to you of at least 123 pages and turn to page 123 and find the fifth sentence. Then you write the next three sentences (As in 5 6 7) Why poor 4 is left out I don't know.

Anyway, the book closest to me is is Steve Jackson's GURPS Basic Set 3rd Ed. (Revised) book. Page 123 is on the topic of advanced combat "A section I've not looked at since first buying the book). Coincidently the 5th sentence starts a new section called Partial Surprise and the first three sentences of that section are:

"This may occur when the defenders were expecting trouble - or when each party surprised the other! The GM should require each side to roll for initiative. To determine who gets the initiative, the leader of each side rolls 1 die."

Well, there you have it, I actually learned something and so did you. If you're reading this and haven't done it yet, you should do it too on your primary posting place (If you have one).

No comments: